Individual Teacher Policies
Please check with your child’s teacher to determine the type of discipline / reward program she will use. If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding these policies, please contact the director.
- Child is given several gentle reminders of acceptable behavior
- Child is removed from activity and redirected by teacher to another activity
- Child loses privilege of playing in a particular center or activity for a period of time
- Child is moved to a time out place in the classroom where they can have time to think
- If inappropriate behavior continues, the director and/or parents will be involved
Severe / Repetitive Behavior:
- In the extreme case of a child inflicting or attempting to inflict harm on another child (kicking, biting, punching, etc), a parent will be called to take the child home
- Repeated offenses will result in a mandatory family/teacher/director conference in which a plan to improve the behavior will be agreed upon by all parties
If behavior does not improve and/or the family does not adhere to the agreement, the child may be dismissed from the program.